Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sad Conversation

I don’t like it anymore than you do. As a matter of fact, this will hurt me more than it hurts you. I am only doing what is best for you in the long run. Sometimes in life, you have to take a step backward before you can move forward. I would never intentionally harm you, without it being something that is necessary. I know you don’t understand it right now, but someday you will thank me. I will see you in a few weeks. You will be fine. You will come back, being better than you are now. It is for your own good. I promise, I will be here waiting for you.


The above conversation took place last night, just before the sun went down. It was very hard on both of us. The things that you have to do when you are a caretaker are not always easy. We both shed a tear or two, but we will get through it. I am renting a Thatching mower this weekend, and it will make my lawn look a little bad for a while. All true Lawnwhisperers know that this is needed to make your lawn the most healthy and beautiful. The thatching mower will scrape at the surface, and pull all the junk from the soil. This will allow for the nutrients to get to the roots of the grass. The grass will love me later, but will be sad for a couple of weeks. This news was very hard to tell the lawn. Mid August is the best time for reseeding, or over seeding. The time is here Lawn. I am sorry, but it is for the best.

9 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Hahahaha. That was funny, Lawnwhisper. Here's hoping for a great future lawn!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I thought you were leaving us! WHEWWWWWWWWWWW dont do me that way!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I thought that too anonymous.

you should be in the landscaping business, everyone would have the best yards.

6:38 PM  
Blogger ladybug said...

and you wonder what genetics Lukatic got from you???

you are insane. but funny as hell... found you from (of course) William's Blog, who i found from The Kept Woman's blog.

dont know if i have ever commented, but i love your blog!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

While the lawn is a disgrace to the street, the WORLD! Can you cover it? Like they do when fumigating. A really, really large plastic drape.

You know its for the best. I cant keep turning my head away.

11:59 PM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Stay Strong LW...(sniff) Stay Strong.

7:48 AM  
Blogger The Cluck Wagon said...

Maybe the ugly lawn will scare all the critters away.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renting a thatching mower?

When Mom was trying to make us better, Did she rent the spatula?

When she was trying to build a little character, Did she rent the bar of soap?

You might have to break down and get one.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here