Friday, July 14, 2006

Perverted Magic

I don’t know if I can do this story justice. I do not know if I can put into words just how this transpired, and how funny it was at the time, but I am going to try.

Luke turned 5 yesterday. We knew that keeping him happy was going to be hard, because nobody was around to help celebrate his day. 3 of his 4 grandparents were out of town. Both of his godparents were out of town. His bestest buddy cousin, who is only one day older than him, was out of town. In other words, there was no party going on. Then to make matters worse, Mike and Cybil had their baby girl on the 13th. This news did not go over well with Luke, as he is the world’s worst sharer. When I told him that he had a new cousin Molly, and she was born on his day he said, “She is stupid. She is stupid, and when I see her, I am going to tell her she is stupid.” So already Luke doesn’t like Molly.

Back on Kyle’s birthday we threw him one of those little kid parties. One of my friends is a Magician, so he came and put on a show. He had the 13 kids totally mesmerized, and they loved it. One of his tricks had to do with underwear. I do not remember the details of the trick, I just remember that the kids laughed and laughed. Luke decided to reminisce about this trick during dinner last night. He told the 6 of us that were with him, as well as the rest of the crowded restaurant about the trick. He totally changed the trick, and let me tell you that this is not the way the trick went, but the rest of the restaurant may be calling child services on us right now.

“ So the magician has this rope of scarves. Then he rapped it up into a ball and said some magic words. When he let the scarves out, his underwear was attached to it. It was so funny. Then the magician pulled down his pants and he did not have any underwear on.”
At this point, Uncle Russ, and about 15 other people looked over at my wife and I. I jumped in and said, “Luke, the magician did not pull down his pants, stop making up stories.” Luke was having none of it. He continued with his version of the story. “Yes he did, he pulled down his pants and was not wearing any underwear. Then he started saying, It Is Alive. He was acting like when monsters come to life.”

Luke started walking around the table like Frankenstein. He was showing the people how the magician was supposedly walking around the party. Can you picture us hiring a magician for a 6-year old birthday party, and having him walking around the joint with no pants on, and saying, “It is Alive.” Most of the people in the place must have thought that we hired a perverted magician. I could not hold back the tears from the laughter. None of us could, so we left.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always miss all the best parties.

10:54 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Every Magician needs his Magic wand at the ready.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

I think William said it all!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh this is so funny. Any chance the public parental humiliation was in return for not having his own birthday party?

12:57 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

You did it justice - that was hilarious.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Carie said...

lol that is so funny...my daughter always seems to remember things like that to...never the way it happend, but maybe the way she wanted it to or something lol

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try this trick tonight. I will let you know how it turns out.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was your magician named Mike V the Magnificent?

8:44 PM  
Blogger Lowa said...

This was great!

Kids are so entertaining.

I hope your son Luke grows to love his cousin Molly and ends up happy with his birthday memories!

I also have a Luke. Lukes are great to have:)

12:40 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

hilarious! Don't you just love it when kids "embellish" stories like that?? Stacie

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here