Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Christmas in July

The smiles were precious. The fun, the excitement! The boys and me were dancing. The boys were singing joyous songs. The songs did not make any sense, but they were happy songs. Vic came home on July 1st, bearing gifts. It was Christmas in July, and I didn’t expect it. That’s right, she surprised us all. She went grocery shopping. After weeks of complaining from both the boys, and me she finally cracked.

Don’t get me wrong; we had some food in the house. But it was only healthy stuff. I got news for you; there is only so much healthy stuff a guy can take. This day, this was special, cause wherever it is she shopped, there was the buy one get one deal going. So now instead of one bag of chips, I got two. We got cookies too. Chocolate chip, with M&M’s. Two bags people. Count ‘em, two. She got the kids some popsicles and some ice cream. She got them multiple kinds of these frozen treats. Two of each. It looked like the frozen treat version of Noah’s Ark. The kids, they are in for some happy nights.

Occasionally I think I saw some carrots and stuff, but I paid no attention to them. I went right past them and went to the sausage links and pork roll. That stuff is so unhealthy, that I can taste it. Can I stress that we got two of each? Two! Anyway, it was a joyous day. Christmas in July. I have to go now; I want to go check on the fridge. I still can’t believe that it is full.

7 Comments:

Blogger WILLIAM said...

Ahhh. Pork Roll. Gotta love it. Did she get two cans of scoop to go with the chips?

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cookies? sausage? chips? ice cream?...sounds like heaven!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vickie Two times !

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently you've never heard of "The Stash." Little do you realize, this stuff was probably already in the house tucked secretly away. If you don't know where the stash is, you need to get busy and start your own. If you find the stash, you have to be very careful to draw slowly lest you tip off the keeper...and don't ever let the kids know where the stash is, or that one even exists. Good hiding places include the engine compartment...jerkey seems to be the only thing you can store here. Sump pump...you need really good sealable bags, and there's always the "hide it in plain site" front shelf of the pantry, but crumple the label so it's hard to recognize. Enjoy the feast!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Effie said...

are there any cookies left to share, hmmm? I could use one of them cookies with M&M's in it!

10:10 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

In response to Mike's comment, When he is referring to the Stash I can only assume he means magazines with the titles of "Jugs" and "Swank" and he somewhere refers to keeping the "Jerkey" somewhere in the car.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

You're too funny....I hear it from my boys all the time,"we have no food in the house"...but then they eat it all in one day and then complain again.....BOYS!
Stacie

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here