Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lukatic

It is pretty well chronicled here on DVD, and most that know him, know that Luke is a bit of a nut. He is not a nut in a really bad way, but in a mischievous, cute, little boy way. Ok, some times it is not so cute, but he is a little Steve Martin. He’s a wild and crazy guy. The kid is only 5 and he already has more nicknames than Shaquille O’neal. (NBA basketball player with multiple nicknames.) His latest nickname came from his swimming lessons instructor.

After his swim lesson the other day, the guy was giving my wife the run down on how the kids did. He went through Kyle’s lesson and where he stands, and then he said, “And Lukatic is getting better too.” He caught himself, and was a little embarrassed. Most parents would probably be upset at an instructor calling their kid a lunatic, but not us. My wife, took it and stride, and just told the guy, “I know what you mean, you don’t have to tell me.”

When she got home, she told me what the guy had said, and we both just started laughing. I have to admit that I was a little upset at the fact that his teacher called him Lukatic. I was not upset at the name, but by the fact that I didn’t think of it first. It is what it is; my son is a lunatic. Lukatic, it has a nice ring to it.

8 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

That's a really cute nickname!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

How does Lukatic feel about his nickname or does he not know?

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kinda makes you wonder what he was doing to garner such a nickname doesn't it?..lol..

My kids' nicknames are Pudd, Sari, & Tater...Pudd is actually short for puddbooger, but my daughter is embarrassed by the full version, so it's shortened..lol..

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the name...and can only imagine how entertaining having him around!

Melissa

6:28 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

With the names he is getting he could become a rapper.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Louis K Fer. I like it.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Louis K tic. I like it also.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder what LW'S nicknames were over the years.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here