Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm Batman

This weekend we rented Batman Begins. With 6 and 5-year old boys in the house, Batman is a pretty popular character. William would be ashamed of my fathering ideals if he knew that I let my kids watch Batman, you know with the Thomas the Tank Engine scandal still fresh in everyone’s mind. So I am not going to tell Bill that we watched it. I am not going to tell him that I also got the Batman Begins XBOX game. The boys and I played it this weekend a couple of times, and it is pretty cool. As I was watching this movie, and playing the game, I realized that I am very similar to Batman. Yes, Batman and I have some similar traits.

Bruce Wayne is a very rich guy. I am not a very rich guy, but I would not mind being one. See, similar. Bruce is afraid of bats. I am afraid of dogs. Do you see where I am going here? This character and I are on a similar path. Batman goes out in the night dressed up all in black so that he cannot be seen. If I go out in the night, I have a flashlight, with back-up batteries, and I wear a fluorescent orange vest with strobe lights attached. This way, I will be seen. He likes the dark night, I hate the dark night. Actually, it is scary how much we have in common. Batman will go into an alley to fight off crime. I will avoid dark alleys because there is crime.

I was watching the movie and marveling at how graceful Batman is when he jumps from building to building. His cape extends like a hang glider and he soars through the air. Well, one time, I fell out of bed, and managed to pull the comforter over top of me and use it as a cushion. It was a neat little move, and I avoided injury. I now realize why my boys love me so much. It is because they think I am like Batman. I am a super hero, and they love super heroes. I am just like Batman. Can you see the similarities? It’s uncanny.

12 Comments:

Blogger WILLIAM said...

I see another similarity here, Batman fights the Joker, and you are not funny.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Yeah, you are right, never looked at it that way... but I think you perhaps LOST IT!!!

I guess 4 days on your own with the boys really distorts ones brain. It's like walking thru the desert with no water... your brain plays tricks on you, you see things that aren't really there, you think you are just 'super' when in fact you are just the opposite.

Actually, I think you have been watching way too much Thomas the evil engine. I guess William is right!!!

No More Dora for my daughter...

9:36 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I have another similarity, Batman has a butler to do the laundry, wash dishes and go food shopping and such and you, well you have to do that stuff yourself.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny,I bet you are a super hero at heart!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

your poor wife, she gets abuse every which way. does she read your posts?

yeah, your the super hero, IN YOUR MIND maybe! but then again your a man and all men think they're super heros. : )

BTW William, were you able to sign up for the super hero show coming on tv?

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Batman has the Bat signal, and you have your wife calling your cell phone.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Batman has a utility belt...

You have a size 48 belt.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Batman has the Bat cave full of cool stuff...

You have a sun room filled with wicker

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Batman uses a driver...

You use a driving iron

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Batman fights society's under belly...

You have a zipper belly.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm totally cracking up at the previous 5 comments!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Peanutt said...

Oh my...I'm choking on my crazy bread here with all the comments! LMAO!!!!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here