Thursday, May 11, 2006

Reflection

It’s a sad day when you finally come to the realization that you are indeed afraid of your own reflection. I am afraid of many things, but most of them are normal fears, but this, this takes the cake. I am sitting here right now feeling bad for my kids because they don’t stand a chance in this world. They will grow up to be chickens, just like their old man. I saw myself in the mirror last night, and it scared me. For all of you funny people out there that are going to say, “I would be scared to if I looked like that,” I don’t mean I was scared by my looks. See, I know that I am a good-looking dude. Chicks dig me, and they always have. What I mean is, that my reflection startled me, and I was ready to beat it up.

I was lying in bed, falling asleep while watching Sports Center. I was pretty out of it, and decided it was time to shut the TV off and go to sleep. I turned the TV off, and got up to go to the bathroom. I have a strategically placed night-light on the wall in the bathroom. It is right under the medicine cabinet, which has a mirror for a door. The door of the cabinet was partially open. It is not normally this way, so this is where the temporary confusion set in. That mirror door opens into the big mirror on the wall. So I entered, while half asleep, and caught my own reflection in the mirror of the cabinet, which in turn spun that reflection into the big mirror. For one brief moment my heart stopped, and I thought there was an intruder in the house. Not one intruder, but two. I caught my own reflection off of two mirrors, in the dim lighting from the night-light, and it startled me.

I will have you know, that I would have kicked both of my ass’ to protect my family. I would have put a major beat down on both of those fine looking intruders, if they were real. I was poised and ready to smack the hell out of both of me. I go to the gym. I work out. I could have taken both of those me’s. Anyway, I went to the bathroom, and then back to bed. I was still a little confused, so I pulled the covers up to my nose, and stared at the ceiling for a bit. I eventually fell off to sleep. Thank god it is cloudy today, cause I would hate to run into my shadow.

12 Comments:

Blogger Odd Mix said...

Courage is not being without fear, but carrying on despite it.

I think your boys will be fine.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I betcha that'll be the last time your reflections try to mess with you....They've shown theirselves to the wrong dude!

1:43 PM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Just how BIG are you mirrors for you too see a reflection of you in there?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Effie said...

LOL! Watch out for those shadows too then!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I've had that happen to me, I so sympathise with you. It's a heart stopping moment until you realize who it is. Unfortunately in my case I screamed bloody murder bringing my DH running. By the time he got to me, I had realized it was only me I saw. Trying to play it cool, I told DH I was just testing him to see how fast he would respond in an emergency. He was not amused. stacie

5:22 PM  
Blogger Orion_skie said...

*goodness* At least you were able to fall asleep afterwards. I'd have been so jumpy.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say most home invaders go right to the master bathroom...be careful.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!Thanks for the great laugh ,my dad is just like this!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL..

Those kinds of things happen to everyone.

We won't bring it up again...

or will we?

*smile*

-n

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just keep me laughing! That was so funny! First the wolf, and now yourself! Whisperer! Too many fears! You are too jumpy! Lay off the coffee for awhile. It may help. Is all this a result of being left in Kiddie City when you were three? Did that make you afraid of everything? It's always the mother's fault. Sorry! I did come back for you! I do love you!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever find out a cure for your problem of being quick to startle please post it. I've almost kicked my reflection's a$$, my shadow's a$$, my cat's a$$, my wife's a$$..

Well.. I could have kicked any one of those if I wasn't standing there doing my best mimic of an over exaggerated cartoon character going into convulsions with his face all distorted in fear.

All in all, I'm just sayin' that I feel your pain...

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here