Thursday, April 27, 2006

Motel 6

It is already a well-known fact that I am not a fan of the dark. I have night-lights strategically placed throughout the house. The strategy is basically; if there is an open outlet a light goes in it. It’s a simple plan, but it works. So I had a visitor this week that took night-lights to a new level. This visitor Motel 6-ed me. Motel 6’s slogan is “We’ll leave the light on for you.” What I think they mean is that no matter how late you get there, they will have the room lit up and ready. It’s saying welcome to its visitors. Once you check into your room, I don’t think they want you to leave the light on. Am I making sense?

Here’s the deal, William, Mr. Poop and Boogies, was in town this week for work. He and I work together, and we were having some meetings, so he stayed at my house. He’s a fun guest to have cause he is funny and all. My kids like him because he is still basically a 5 year old in a 36-year-olds body. It was just hanging out, and it was fun listening to him complain about poor service in different arenas. He cracks me up with his old-man grumpiness when it comes to his views of how people should treat customers. This is when he acts like an 86 year-old man in a 36 year olds body. Bill’s got a lot of range when it comes to ages. The only puzzling thing about his stay was, he slept with the lights on.

He stayed in Kristin’s room beings that she is away at college. This room is next to the bathroom, so I noticed during my midnight pee break that the lights were still on. I figured he was still awake, so I went back to bed. The next morning I went in to get him up for work, and the light was still on. This clown slept with the light on. I sleep with night-lights; he bypasses the night-lights and just keeps the lights on. What the hell is that? Here’s the kicker, he also sleeps with the covers over his head. Now, if he is sleeping with the lights on and the covers over his head, maybe he is scared. If he is scared, I respect that and understand it. If he sleeps with the lights on, but covers his head because it is too bright, then I say, turn the freaking lights off. What the hell are you trying to do, light up the neighborhood? My house looks like a lighthouse with one light blaring at three in the morning. Did he think a boat was going to come down the cul-de-sac, and wreck his rental car? Was he worried about helicopter traffic? This didn’t happen just one night, but both nights. He slept with the lights on, and the covers over his head. He's a strange dude.

So, anyone who wants to come stay at my house, you’re welcome. I have a slogan now. The Lawnwhisperer’s, “ We’ll leave the light on for you, all freaking night.”

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say he's like an 86 year old in a 36 year old body, but who's getting up to pee at midnight and 3 p.m. you may want to get that checked out, how OLD ARE YOU?

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

William's Favorite Movie...Friday night Lights

Favorite song... You Light up my Life

Favorite beverage.. Miller Lite

He does own stock in GE and Sylvania

His favorite game as a kid was red light, green light

6:40 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I should have stayed at Mom's

8:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anonymous is cracking me up over here... quit pickin' on William. Be nice to your brother.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

William... now thats funny.... he should of stayed at moms!!!

But you do have some serious issues sleeping with the lights on all night.... Damn I wonder what his electric bill is a month? must be a lot cheaper where he lives!!!!

Whisperer.... you see you try to open up, be nice to people and all they do is run up your electric 'Bill' and put carrots out on your front lawn....

11:53 AM  
Blogger Effie said...

hahahahaha!!!

Oh that's too funny!

Maybe too lazy to get out of bed to turn off the light?

12:49 PM  
Blogger Odd Mix said...

Holy COW! ROFLMAO!!!!

You should have taken the opportunity to off the rabits and blame William.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

You guys are all too much!

So does Lauren like the lights on when she sleeps?

1:54 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Hmmmm this sheds a whole new light on your whole family! ROFL...get it? sheds light on your family?? ROFL! I crack myself up...you guys are a riot..think your mom will adopt me? I want brothers like you guys! Stacie

2:37 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hmmmm. My 3 year old does the exact same thing.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That might be the funniest thing I ever read!!!!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

Too funny. And now, I will have to seriously reconsider having my sister over to my house for a visit. Who knows what foibles she is hiding?

4:17 PM  
Blogger Judypatooote said...

You two are both so funny..... now my take on this situation is that he left them on just in case he had to get up in the middle of the night.....and does he leave them on at home, well NO, he has Lauren there to protect him and take him to go pee pee......Sorry Wm

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first time here and I was laughing so freakin' hard. That lighthouse bit did me in.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Drama Mama said...

hilarious....And still confusing??

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny. A very good story.

I found you through Poop and Boogies. Gonna add you to my blogroll.

Thanks for the laugh.

-n

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me laugh and laugh. As for staying at mom's, I hope she would have made fun of him for this too. : )

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here