Thursday, April 20, 2006

Have a nice Day

Bon Jovi is coming to town. He will be in Philadelphia in mid July. I am taking my kids to see him. Well, I am trying to get tickets to take my kids to see him. Yes, I realize that my kids are 6 and 4, but Luke will be 5 by the time the concert is here. 6 and 5 equals 11, and I saw Kiss when I was somewhere in that 11 to 13 range. I went with a friend of mine, and his dad. You can look at this as me taking two very young kids or me taking one fairly young kid. Actually, I’m not really concerned with how you look at it. I have never claimed to be the world’s greatest dad, but I may be one of the coolest dad’s out there.

The company that I work for has season tickets to the Phillies. Being season ticket holders, we get first priority on special events at Citizens Bank Park. So I am trying to find the seats that best accommodate a 6 and a 5 year old for a rock concert. I have spoken to 5 different customer service reps for the ticketing agency, but they have yet to help me out. I have to buy the tickets online, and they won’t let me pick seats further away from the stage. They keep giving me what they deem to be ‘Best Available’. Here’s the thing, ‘best available’ is relative term. What I see as ‘best available’, and what they see as ‘best available’ are two totally different things.

I was on the phone with one lady and was explaining why I wanted seats further away. It is really none of business, but I was pleading my case so that maybe she would help me out. I said, “ Look, I want to take my 6 and 5 year old to the concert. I don’t want to be sitting with the crazy crowd. I don’t want to be sitting with the pot smokers, and drug users. I want to be back away, so that I can keep the kids away from the bad people. The seats that I am looking for will allow me to walk around and keep the kids happy.” This is where she stopped me and said, “Do you really think it is a good idea to bring such young kids to a concert?” I got a little pissed. She wasn’t even listening to me. She was stuck on the fact that she thought my kids are too young. She may be right, but that is not her place to say. Who does she think she is, my mother? So I replied, “Hey, if I was looking for parenting advice, I would call a parenting hotline. But see, I’m looking for tickets, so I called the ticket agency. Can you help me out here or not?”

Needless to say, I am still looking for different seats.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who says you can't go home? Solo and Skywalker will enjoy the show. Besides your wife looks like Richie Semborra's wife (x?). Don't expect much. Just enjoy the time with them.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a cool dad! hope you can work something out....

10:55 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Couldn't you have just said, "It's my life. I aint' gonna live forever."

11:23 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Riiiight, cool dad. Whatever dude! If you were reeeeaaaallly cool, you'd let them sit by the potheads so they could at least get a contact buzz. Sheesh, William was right about you not being the brightest bulb. :P
Lois Lane

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dead or Alive!!!!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon Bon Jovi was in a scary movie called Cry Wolf.
If you are not too much of a sissy and are a real fan of his then you and the boys should rent that movie

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
Today is Friday!!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Great comeback! Right up there with Bill's comment about father son day at the strip club...LOL Yep...you guys are brothers alright! Stacie

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw him last month in Vegas. Incredable Show. No potheads in the crowd. He had a platform set up in the aisle we were next to, came up and sang 4 songs. He was amazing...........ohhhhh can I go with you? HAVE A NICE DAY!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Judypatooote said...

Bon Jovi has gotten younger looking.....just love him....you could trade the kids tickets in, and take a granny with you.....LOL

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definitely work too hard at it, Whisperer! Relax! They will only enjoy the songs they know. They will get antsy with the others. It doesn't matter where your seats are, the kids won't be in them anyway. Go, have fun for the little time you can, buy them a T shirt and be home by bed time. They will have a great memory, even if they're there for 20 minutes. Take it easy. Have a nice day! Who says you can't go home? Just ask baby brother, he's here all the time, and I LOVE it!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, I agree with the lady on the phone at Ticket Master. Are you sure you want to take your kids to Jovi? I would think it would be much better if just you and the wife go, leave the kids with the mother-in-law to take care of the rabbits.... That way you and the wife can dress up in some 80's outfits...(Now I remember what we wore in the 80's and you may not look good... but your Wife..) Now that will be the greatest concert of all times!(at least for you it would)
You may not even make it into the stadium!!! But make her dress in the Madonna outfits, or the Flash dance outfit.... and you will have a great great concert... So buy the kids a shirt and CD!!!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one of your favorite cousins who reads both you and Bill's blogs when she should be studying the law! Bill's because i like to keep up with what is going on with my godson. Your's because you make me laugh! I will be at the concert, up front with all the bad people!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, dude. The crowd at Bon Jovi is my age - mostly mid thirties. The pot smoking isn't so much happening. In fact when I saw them a few months ago we were surrounded by people in their 40s. So I think the kids will be fine. All the hot crazy things are down on the floor. Stay off the floor and you'll be fine. I'm going again in July. Bon Jovi is a great concert. And most likely Liam's first concert - in 4 or so years.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here