Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Doesn't Measure Up

It used to be that the stars had to be perfectly aligned, and the moods just right, in order for us to take the kids out to eat. Now things are a bit easier. We still have some issues, but they are usually solved with crayons and a coloring book. My wife has a bag in the car with both items in case we go somewhere that does not have crayons. The kids are actually very good nowadays in the restaurants, but I still tense up the moment we pull into the parking lot. Actually, I am the worst behaved family member now. I get so worked up worrying about what may happen, that I fail to just relax and enjoy the time out.

This past weekend we went to a place called 99. It is a new place in my area, so we tried it out. It was ok. The beer was cold, and the meat was cooked, so it passes my test. The kids got the typical chicken fingers and fries, and seemed to be fine with the place. My wife ordered her normal, which is nothing. As we were leaving, my wife said, “well, I don’t think that was so good” How she knows this is beyond me. I think she ate 3 fries, and a bite of my burger, and yet was able to determine if the food was good or bad. I looked at the kids and asked them their opinion. “Hey boys, what did you think?” Luke replied, “It was good dad, but it ain’t no Hooters.” So he put it in perspective for me. 99 was ok, but Luke was right, it ain’t Hooters.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not many places are Hooters.

They just opened one in China!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog and I think it is funny but could you please tone down the "Meat Eater" talk. I am a vegeterian and I am easily offended at such talk of meat being cooked.

John Cocktostone

12:07 AM  
Blogger Odd Mix said...

I really hope Anon was joking, but just in case:

LW if you want to read a funny carnivorous tale step over to my blog and see how I freaked out Great Falls. Cooked meat is one of my most important criteria for a retaurant as well.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should be thier Meam:

99
"It ain't Hooters"

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long do you last at a place that does not serve beer?

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there you have it.....

Guess its back to HOOTERS ! ! !
Well done, way to turn this outing back into your favor. This time will you bring the wife? or just the boys? I'm thinking you should hit Hooters on the way down to the Bon Jovi Concert... that way the kids can really brag to their friends in school!!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Amen, Luke! Evan's favorite place is Hooters!

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHaHa anon...

12:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, do you live like, down the street from me or what? You're talking about the 99 in Audobon right? Dammit, next time Bill comes to visit you I'm taking you BOTH out for a beer...got it?

3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

P.S. thanks for the review, my husband has been wanting to try that place

P.P.S. please come help my husband whisper to our lawn...it needs HELP

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here