Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bad Day

The color is called True Blue, with Dark Shadow Gray trim. The interior is black cloth. I have to get cloth because leather makes me sweat. This baby is loaded though. It’s got the 5-disc changer CD player. It’s got the power moon roof. If you want cup holders, this beauty has got them. There are cup holders everywhere. In the middle, on the ceiling in the front, it has sunglass holders. It has two of them. I love sunglass holders. It only has a v6, cause I can’t afford the gas on a v8, but this puppy can move. It has those sharp-looking 18-inch aluminum wheels. This is a thing of beauty. It’s the Ford F-150 Quad Cab. It’s got the 4 doors, so it is easy access for the kids, and their booster seats fit just fine. It has the plastic bed-liner, so my 36-inch Bunton walk behind mower won’t damage the truck. This truck is love at first sight.

Too bad I will never see it. I thought I would be getting it. I was getting prepared for the big day, but then I got some bad news. Kristin, my lovely daughter, got a job. She graduates from college in two weeks, and she got a job. To most parents, this is good news, but to me, it is devastating. See, she got a job with a company car. Now she doesn’t need mine. My grand plan, or scheme as some would say, was to have to give her my car when she got done school. I have a decent little car with low mileage. I was hoping to have to give it up, so that she could get to and from work safely. I was hoping to make it look as if I was a great father, and give her my car, and then I would have to buy another one. Then I was going to buy that beautiful truck that you can picture from the first paragraph. Today is a sad day. Company cars suck. They really suck.

9 Comments:

Blogger G-Side Pride said...

fnplu should give the car to me. Ill even give u money for it.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will she be doing?

10:15 PM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Wouldn't it suck if the company car they give her is a Ford F150 quad cab?

Four speed dual quad positraction F150.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With a four speed on the floor, they'll be waiting at the door....

2:44 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

well...let's see. what can we do to put you into this truck today. You need to give your car to your daughter, but she got a company car with her new job. Maybe she won't be allowed to use the company car for personal use..maybe she has to leave it at work, drive her own car to work, get into the company car, work all day, and switch back to her own car at the end of the day. so you could still give her your car. I really want you to have this truck. If I can't have one, someone out there might as well have it! Stacie

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does sound like a great vehicle.

I'm sure you'll figure out a way to get it. *smile*

*fingers crossed*

-n

10:16 PM  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

You have my deepest sympathies. But you are a clever dude, perhaps you can figure a way to get your new Ford.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Ford is the four letter word starting with F that you are not allowed to say.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here