Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Blow Test

My expensive, I mean excellent, daughter had a Dr. appointment yesterday. I went with my wife and daughter to this appointment, as the issue is relatively serious, but getting much better. We had to go to the Pulmonologist. The Lung Dr. if you will.

We had to wait in the waiting room for far to long, but that is an issue that is often discussed on Poop and Boogies, so I will stay away from it. Finally we get called to the back. We get put into the Dr’s office to wait again. While waiting here, something very funny happened. We were right next to the Blow Test cubicle. I am not sure of the exact terminology, but that is what is performed in this particular area, a blow test. I am sitting in an office with my wife, and my 22-year-old expensive, I mean, excellent daughter. All is quiet in the room, until we hear this; “OK, Mrs. Smith, sit right here, and we are going to do a blow test for the doctor.” I chuckle at the sound of this, and elbow my wife with that, are you listening to this head nod. She also chuckles, but tries to ignore what is being said.

Next thing we hear is this, “I want you to start off slow, and then blow harder as I tell you.” At this point, I am already starting to get the body shakes from holding in my laughter. Then comes the grand finally, “Slow, slow, ok faster, faster, faster. Great job, keep going, oh Mrs. Smith, you are doing great, harder, harder, harder. Mrs. Smith that was wonderful, great job on the blow test.” The nurse’s voice was rising with each word, and it was quite comical. So, just as I am regaining my composure, Mrs. Smith says, “Wow, it gets harder, the longer you have to blow.” That is where I lost it.

12 Comments:

Blogger WILLIAM said...

Seriously. That is hysterical.

3:59 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Very funny!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Kristie said...

lmao. really. that was great. how did you wife manage to keep her cool?? i would have been laughing too.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Even I would have died laughing from that one.

4:23 PM  
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

You just haven't LIVED until you've actually witnessed a Respiratory Therapist making the hand-and-mouth gestures that go along with these sorts of things. Those, and pantomimes of patients extubating themselves. I defy anyone to keep a straight (and professional) face while THAT sort of thing is going on in on-the-job training. Sheesh!!!!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Odd Mix said...

That is how the pulmonologist gets more business. They treat the respiratory distress caused by trying not to laugh.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is Funny.
Did you and the wife try out the blow tube.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. *grin*

-n

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I could have lasted that long. *chuckle*

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Ms. Smith married?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I am seriously going to die laughing! Stacie

3:29 PM  
Blogger Judypatooote said...

All I have to do is stop by your sight or Wm.'s if I'm having a poor me day.....and I end up laughing and feeling Happy.... Thanks for making ALL of us bloggers laugh....your both a joy to read.....(Sorry, now I'm getting corny)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here