Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Words of Wisdom

The following is 100% true. The conversation that I am about to describe happened last night during dinner. I am not embellishing this story one single bit, and my wife was there to witness it. I did not even start the conversation; it seemed to pop out of nowhere, much like most conversations with a 6 year old do. I am very proud of my son for his beautiful words. He is wise beyond his years.

Me: “ Hey buddy, how was school today?”
Kyle: “Good.”
Me: “What did you do in school?”
K: “Nothing, just work.”
Me: “ How was the rest of your day?”

Out of nowhere, the following came out of his mouth.

Kyle: “ Dad, when I get bigger, I am not going to get married.”
Me chuckling: “why not?”
Kyle: “ Cause then I will be able to do what ever I want. I will be able to eat candy whenever I want. I will be able to play games like golf and stuff. I won’t have to worry about my electricity. I will be able to have all the soda I want. I won’t have to come right home from work and go to bed. I will be able to stay up and watch TV. I will be able to do everything.”

Me laughing: “What does all of that have to do with getting married?”
Kyle: “Cause when you get married, you don’t get to do anything”

With those last few words I looked at my wife, and she looked at me, and we started laughing again. I have spoken about my boy genius before, but I did not know how much of a genius he was. Now I know. He is the smartest man on the planet.

9 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

how old is he again?

yes he is indeed a very wise young man. he'll continue to think this way until that one lil girl in the pretty pink skirt catches his eye...then he is of course...done.

9:48 PM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

It is only a matter of time before he decides he will not have kids as well.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for the record, do not worry about my electricity either.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh a pocket protector away!!!

Where does he come up with these things... I do have to admit, He is well beyond the level of thinking for most 10 to 12 years old!!! I know realize that he hangs out with you way too much!!!

Its like a minature you speaking his mind out loud at every given chance...... wow, your poor wife!! She has her hands full!!!

-somehow related-

9:12 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Ah... my nine-year old professes that his lips shall never kiss anyone. Time will tell...

12:48 PM  
Blogger LizzieDaisy said...

My best friend wrote a note when she was little saying if she ever got married, she'd pay her oldest sister $1,000,000. There was a copy of it on every table at her wedding. :)

I have to ask... if you're a gamer, have you ever played spy v. spy on xbox? My sister got it for my older boys and it's really fun. If we didn't have rules, they'd play it all the time. Anyway, cool blog layout!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Too funny! Worry about the electric was a riot!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought no one listened to a word I said! Yes I was present to witness his epiphany. Very scary

4:41 PM  
Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

He's a genius! I love it!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here