Thursday, March 09, 2006

We'll See

I get asked a lot of questions from the boys. They always want to do something. As soon as I walk in the door I am barraged by their requests. I don’t even have my coat off, and they are shooting me with the list of what they want to do. My most common response is “We’ll see.” I say it a thousand times a day. I know it is not the answer that they want to hear, but it is a stall tactic on my part. I rarely just come out and say no, because it is hard to say no to those two guys. No comes with whining. No comes with grumpiness, and sometimes no leads to tears. I don’t like the three of those things, so I rarely just say no. I lead them on, that’s what I do.

The other day I come home from work and get the same type of thing. They are shooting requests at me at a rate that I can’t keep up with. So I hit them with a couple of ‘We’ll Sees’ and move on through the kitchen. Luke stops me. He moves right in my path and goes on a little tangent. “We’ll see, we’ll see, we’ll see. All you ever say is we’ll see. And do you know what we’ll see means dad? It means no. So why don’t you just say no instead of we’ll see?” So I said “Ok, no, we can’t play video games tonight.” He looked up at me and said, “That’s better.” And walked away.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelsgarden said...

you are so in for it -

4:37 PM  
Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

hilarious! i know who's the genius in your house. LOL

4:53 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Hilarious! They always suprise ya don't they? When my oldest, now 17 was about 6 I said "we'll see" for about the bazillionth time in his short little life, and he stomped his foot and yelled in his most exasperated voice...NNnoooooooo not we'll see! That always means no mom! I hate we'll see! ROFL! Stacie

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Because Mr Whisperer doesn't like to hear WE'LL SEE either!

8:38 PM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I was going to comment but Victoria beat me to it.

10:39 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Ha! Great comment, Victoria!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW THAT IS SOME GREAT STUFF VICTORIA!!!!

I guess John hear's that a lot... I know I do... and I also know that things around here are much easier to deal with when you give in Vick.... so for all of us... please!!! pretty please? its getting nice out again and well, well we want him to be happy and in a good mood....

Anyway, John, you have created two little 'mini - me's' You are in trouble.

-somehow related-

9:32 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

*ZING* Victoria!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Charlie Blockhead said...

I'm the biggest "We'll see" person you'll ever meet. Drives my wife up the wall.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here