Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Sixth Sense

I have said it a thousand times, but nobody believes me. My son Kyle sees dead people. His behavior is not exactly like the movie, but he gets pretty close. He does not have nightmares all of the time, but he does go through spurts of bad dreams. Last night was the tops. The poor kid was totally freaked, and in turn, I was totally freaked. I was so freaked that I don’t know if I can sleep in my house anymore. I may be calling my mom to see if she will take me in for a couple of days, just until I have the house exorcised.

This is how it went. He woke up calling for me. I went in and he was shaking uncontrollably and was speaking erratically. His words were not making any sense, but he was talking to me. He was in that sleeping, but awake mode. He was crying, and scared. So I picked him up, and tried to sooth him. He settled down, but was still visibly shaken. I laid down in bed with him and tried to calm him down. After a minute or two, he sat straight up and said, “We got to get out of here dad.” So I took him in to my room and tried to go to sleep. He fell off to sleep, and everything seemed fine. After he was sleeping for a while I carried him back to his room. I put him in bed, and hung out for a little just to be sure he was ok.

It only took two minutes for him to be back into the shaking and speaking in tongues or whatever it was. He started saying, “They’re on the floor dad, all over the floor.”
“What is on the floor bud, what?” I said. He turned and looked at me with glazed eyes and shouted, “The bad people.” I jumped into that bed so damn fast and pulled the covers up to my nose. “What are the bad people Kyle?” I questioned. He replied softly, “We have to get out of here dad, we have to get out of here.” I sat there for a second, and tried to gather myself, cause at this point, I am absolutely petrified. I am the grown-up, and I am shitting myself. He has me convinced that there is something on the floor.So I did what all great fathers do. I picked him up, and ran like hell to my wife. He spent the night with us, and I slept with one eye open, and the covers over my head. I can’t go back there. I can’t. Mom, if you read this, can I stay at your house for a while?

11 Comments:

Blogger WILLIAM said...

Johhnnnnyyyyy...I Vant my Livvvvverr Baaacckk.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK.... Well there are some serious issues going on in that house?

first... what show or movie did he watch that day? always a good sign to what they dream about that night.

Second.... Once again, you may be up for "Father of the Year" award -NOT-

By the way, just some history on what kind of grounds your house is located on.... You see, it wasn't always just a corn field... way back in the day it was the only cemetary around. That was until the funeral parlor (which I believe is still there) got notice that they did not own the land and it belonged to the local Farmer and his family... they in turn asked that they remove all tombstones/graves off the land... but as far as we know, they might of just removed the tombstones and left all those caskets in the ground.... which many many years later turned out to be developed into houses!!!!!

but hey, your the grown up.. i'm sure this stuff doesn't scare a guy like you... that goes to the gym, works out everyday..etc, etc. You'll be fine.... just as long as you don't disturb the land that you are living on again... like I wouldn't go digging around or hammering poles, or foundations into the ground. Just a safety tip for not waking the dead!!!!

-somehow related-

1:34 PM  
Blogger Kelsgarden said...

seriously, journal his food and look for anything that repeats during these phases

and check the tv, movie line up he just watched - AND watch it yourself from his POV

was it a nightmare or night terror? they are different

and then go ahead with that exorcism just for good measure . . .

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I can't sleep.

8:04 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

i am sitting here trying to eat my oatmeal for breakfast all the while crackin up. Now I'm truly sorry for your son having night terrors my son went through those and they were horrible so my heart goes out to him, but the fact that you jumped in the bed with the covers up to your nose and are cryin' for your mommy had me laughin so hard then i come to the comments and read william's and i'm dieing here. i've got tears rollin down my cheek.

ahhh funny....

i hope your lil guy gets to feelin better about sleepin in his room. in the morning did he remember his dream?

8:05 AM  
Blogger Odd Mix said...

I second Kimmyk. Sympathy and concern for the night terrors (yuck) and laughing hystericly at you jumping in his bed. Too funny.

Hope things get better for young Solo.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I have been trying to avoid you (Bill told me too) but this time I have to comment. Holy mother of all that is scary! Good thing his name isn't Carol Anne. YIKES! Good luck to the boy. I hope they are just nightmares that will soon go away. Your story telling is almost too funny to be scary but I'd have been creeped out too if I were you.
Make sure he isn't eating too close to bed time.
Lois Lane

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard I couldn't barely read this to my husband...delicious read!

My oldest daughter went through a stage of night terrors for about 2yrs...and just about nothing prevented them..watching her food/liquid intake before bed, screening her TV viewing...she just has an extremely active imagination...

She does enjoy creeping out her mama & daddy though...lol...

12:52 PM  
Blogger Charlie Blockhead said...

You seriously need to read "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz. It's about a guy who sees the same things you described. He calls them Bodachs. It's an awesome book but after what you just went through I would suggest you read it while your on the "throne".

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

T-H-E-Y-'-RE B-A-C-K!!!!! Ice cream will do it everytime! No ice cream before bedtime! Do you hear that, Dad? The kids can have it but none for you! I truly believe that it is YOU waking the child, and not the way you wrote it! Let's be honest here. You are the one with the terrors. Right?

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Poor baby! (your son, not you!) I suggest you let him watch the Veggie Tales movie about fear. It teaches that God is bigger than the Boogie Man, bigger than Godzilla and the monsters on T.V.. And that God will take care of him. Have him watch it before he goes to bed at night. Um, maybe you could watch it with him.........

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here