Monday, March 20, 2006

Salad and Cupcakes

Sunday was a strange day. Something happened on Sunday that never happens. My wife baked cupcakes. Kyle’s class was having some type of event, so she had to bake the stuff. Usually we buy the items that are needed for these types of activities, but this time she baked them. I was a little shocked at this. Baking falls under the cooking category, and cooking is not something that my wife does. I do not know if my wife is a good cook or not, I just know she does not do it. Asking me if my wife is a good cook is like asking me if I am a good Astronaut. How can you be good or bad at something you do not do?

When Kristin was in third grade she had a homework assignment that had to do with meals. The kids had to draw a picture and write a sentence about their favorite thing that their parents made them to eat. Most of the kids were saying stuff like, “I love my mom’s lasagna.” “I love to have roast beef.” You want to know what Kristin said? She said, “My mom makes the best salad.” Yep. Salad she said. Now, I must say that my wife can put together a tasty little salad, but that is not cooking.

Don’t get me wrong, my wife does cook some things, but very few. She is a pretty sexy looking chef, when she does cook, but she rarely does. We have been married for 8 plus years and I still can’t tell if she is good at it or not. I now know this though, she makes the best salads, and she can make cupcakes. I don’t think NASA will be calling me any time soon, but we are moving in the right direction

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice that you didn't say she makes good cup cakes, is that because you were not allowed to eat them? or was it that they weren't that good?

9:19 AM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I assume from this post that you will be great in bed this week with your wife...oh wait a minute how can you tell if you will be good or bad if you are not doing it.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Bitch Of The Woods said...

Your wife and I probably have the same motto:
I eat out
I take out
I put out
I'M NOT COOKING.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Odd Mix said...

So, do you do the cooking (in addition to the Lawn Whispering)? Or do you actually eat out every meal (saving salads, of course)?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I do love a good salad! Stacie

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get to lick the bowl?

or at least the beaters?

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, not sure how this one will go over with Vick....

I mean you did write a story about a Cupboard that was very lonely at one time....

and now you are in shock that the wife cooked, opps, baked cupcakes!!

Whats next : Maybe you'll walk in and see that Boston Red Sox Jersey cooking you a meal... and a note that the kids are staying over at the In-Laws....

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here