Thursday, August 10, 2006

What a Day

9 years ago yesterday, was one of the happiest, most fun days of my life. The entire family got together on my behalf. Everyone was there. All of my brothers were there. My cousin Mike V was there. My buddies, Greg and Jerry were there. They were all there for me. We were just hanging out, doing guy stuff. The memories of this day are still some of the most vivid that I have. There is nothing better than being the center of attention on a fun filled day.

We started this day semi-hung over. The night before was one of partying, and drinks. When we all came out of our fogs, we went over to the golf course. It was a hot day, but it is never too hot to golf. We were only playing chip and putt, but we were all enjoying ourselves. I got to witness my brother Kevin get a hole in one. To this day, it is the only good golf shot that he has ever had. I’m pretty sure that I won that day too. They were letting me win, cause this was my day.

After the golf we were all a bit parched. We needed something to drink, so we all went back to my house. We had beer there, and we had a ping-pong table. So the natural thing to do when those two things cross paths is to play beer-pong. We played this for hours. There are really no winners or losers in beer-pong, cause everyone gets to drink. Some just drink more than others. Some of the guys were having a bit too much fun, but it was my day, and I was OK with it. We kind of trashed the house that day. We made quite a mess.

Oh yeah, I also got married on this day. So we all had to scurry about and get dressed when the Limo’s showed up. I had a bunch of semi-drunk groomsmen trying to get into their tuxes. It was kind of like a Chinese fire drill in the house. We made it to the church, everyone sucking on mints and chewing gum. I don’t think it worked though, I think some people were on to us. My wife was freaking smoking hot, of course, and she actually went through with the service. No, I was not crying. It was hot in there. There was no AC in the church, and it was August for god sake. The sweat was dripping into my eyes. That is why they were watering. My voice was cracking because I had been hooting and hollering during the beer-pong marathon, and was a little horse in the throat. I wasn’t crying, seriously. Anyway it was a great day. Any day you get to get all the guys together for golf and then beer-pong is a good day. Oh yeah, and a wedding.

10 Comments:

Blogger WILLIAM said...

I remember that day as well. I was working Valet at the church.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Sounds like you had a great time with all the boys. it's a shame that the stupid wedding had to interfere with all that fun.

how did the boys stay upright considering the alcohol consumption and the heat?

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was quite possibly the most romantic wedding story I've ever heard...

Happy Anniversary!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

oh yeah LW, happy anniversary, I thought the topic of your post was "Beer Pong and the boys".

12:04 PM  
Blogger Jewl said...

What more could a guy ask for? Happy Anniversary!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Happy Anniversary!

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Semi-drunk?

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell us about the UPS man..Please .. Please..

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must tell about the UPS man! What a great day! But it sure was HOT! We had a great time! My little shy lawnmowing boy got married! A belated Happy Anniversary!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hole in one? That guy must be awesome.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here