Thursday, March 23, 2006

Crush

My wife called me at work the other day and said, “John, we have a problem with Kyle at school.” Now, my first thought was, just how much trouble can a kindergartener be in? I’m in that here we go mode when she starts spelling out the problem. This means that the kids are in the car, and she is trying to let me know the deal, so she is spelling out the situation. I am a very slow reader, and that is when I am actually looking at the words on paper. She does not just spell a word or two; she starts spelling an entire sentence. . K-Y-L-E H-A-S A C-R-U-S-H O-N A G-I-R-L A-N-D I-T I-S A-F-F-E-C-T-I-N-G H-I-S W-O-R-K. I have to stop her at this point and say, “Hon, I am still on Has, can you slow it down please?” So she slows down the pace, and I catch on.

This crush is concerning the teacher and in turn is concerning Victoria. Apparently he pays more attention to this girl than he does to the teacher. She is concerned that he may not be paying enough attention to his work. He talks to his crush during reading sessions. The teacher does not want Kyle to fall behind, so she voiced her concern to my wife. My wife voiced her concern to me. So I also had a concern, and voiced it to my wife. “Is she good looking?” This is a valid concern, isn’t it? I find this to be very important information. Is my concern any less valid than the concerns of the teacher? I want to have good-looking grand children. Two good-looking parents usually makes good-looking kids. Was I wrong to ask that question?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. And, yes, I can see your concern. Maybe it's a tad less important than, say, his career, since not too many kindergarten romances work into lifelong romances, but you never know.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how has she put up with you for this long? : )

10:11 PM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Can she Cook? Tell him now that he need to ge the complete package.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Long time reader first time commentor. I love to start my day reading this blog and ofcourse Williams as well. You guys crack me up! You two have enough stories and comedy to make a sitcom.

OK, enough ego stroking...let's get serious. Can this girl clean the house, make dinner, give the kids a bath, answer the phone and pay the bills all at the same time? If yes then she is a keeper...if no i'd say kick her to the curb, there's more fish in the sea.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes a good looking girl is more important than an education.
I still remember my kindergarten crush.

Sara......Sara.....

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not wrong for asking the question. All of you seem to be discussing the situation amongst eachother but you have not mentioned it to Kyle? Come on, go ask Kyle what is going on and see what he says. Maybe he doesn't like the way the teacher reads and this girl just happens to be sitting the closest to Kyle. I'm sure there is other reasons but you'll never know unless you ask the man himself.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girl is probably wearing all of those Dora the explorer, Bratz, and Disney Princess outfits. You can't blame young Solo from checking her out.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Odd Mix said...

Sounds like you may need to take another trip to the forest.

An, William, the question is "can she cook salads and cupcakes?" That is evidently sufficient... as long as she is good looking.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Redneck Mommy said...

My son had a crush on the purdiest little girl in the preschool and five years later, they still chase one another around the monkey bars and pull each other's hair. This one might actually stick.

11:41 AM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

i look at all the girls and boys who come through my house now and i wonder....will you be the one to get my daughter pregnant in about 10 years or are you gonna be the one my son tells me is having his baby in about 10 yrs.

i'm just stupid like that..so don't feel alone.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you are in a bit of a dilemma here.... actually ... I guess your not, but your wife is.

Maybe you should talk to the girls Mom yourself and see if her daughter has the same crush... then invite them both over for a 'play' date... Hey nothing wrong with that!! Some Father-Son bonding time... I mean since your wife will be in the Forest and all... hey why not....

3:07 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Does she come from a wealthy background? is the real question. Gosh, I have to tell you everything!
Good luck with that situation GRANDPAPPY! hahahaha!
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here