Friday, February 17, 2006

Skittles and a Slurpee

I was in love with my wife long before she was in love with me. Yes, it was love at first sight for me. She was my boss, and pretty much blew me off every time I begged for a date. Believe me, I begged. The more I begged, the more she blew me off. Finally one day we had a company softball game. She brought her daughter to the game. Kristin was sitting on the sidelines while we played the game. Whenever I was over there, I would play with her. She took a liking to me. Kristin and I got along like champs. A couple days later there was another work function, and I knew Kristin was going to be there, so I stopped and got her some Skittles and a Slurpee. She loved me from that day forward. Kristin and I were buddies forever. My wife, on the other hand, was still blowing me off.

Finally one day she caved, and allowed me to go to dinner with her and Kristin. On the way over to get them, I got Kristin some Skittles and a Slurpee. I continued to do this until Kristin got braces. Anyway, I believe that the Skittles and the Slurpee is the reason that my wife ever started dating me. She started to like me because Kristin liked me. We went on to get married, and Kristin is my daughter. Kristin is off at school now, but every once in a while I stop at a 7-11 and get myself some skittles and a slurpee. It brings me back to those days, and makes me smile. The skittles and a slurpee has turned into the car keys and gas money, but it is still the same to me. She liked me first, so she can have whatever she wants.

8 Comments:

Blogger ToadyJoe said...

That's just PRECIOUS. And much healthier than my own reminiscent choices - when I feel like connecting with my long-distance buddy I smoke a clove cigarette. And I don't smoke! :)

4:49 PM  
Blogger lawnwhisperer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We stop at Wawa (PA convenience store) after any sporting event recital,whatever. The kids get whatever they want. They usually get Skittles. That is a great way to a kids heart.

8:54 PM  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

Now she is old enough to buy YOU beer and make you happy. It is a way to your heart.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats so cute
yep gas money definitely replaced skittles and a slurpee

5:34 PM  
Blogger Odd Mix said...

Excellent story!

And congratulations on learning to post as yourself.

9:01 PM  
Blogger kimmyk said...

great story!

slurpee's are awesome!

9:30 AM  
Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

sniff sniff....that was sooooooooooooooocute. awwww! carkeys and gas, LOL love it love it...

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here